Started yesterday evening and finished this mitts today. You can find the pattern here. It’s well written with lots of pictures.
These are my alterations for the project:
Finished after 9 rows of hearts and not 10. Worked one round of sc to finish.
By using only 2 colors I didn’t have to cut yarn at the end of each round. I carried the yarn inside the mitts.
I found the thumb wouldn’t work. So, I did it as follows:
Rnd 1: same as in pattern
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in same st and in next two scs, sc2tog, sc in next 3 scs, sc2tog, sc in next 6 scs, sc2tog, sl st in first sc.
Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st and in next two scs, sc2tog, sc in next 2 scs, sc2tog, sc in next 5 scs, sc2tog, sl st in first sc.
Rnd 4 and 5: sc around
I think it’s a very nice and quick project, especially for Valentine’s Day!